Interactive whiteboard resources to introduce and practise reading CVCC words.
Introduction to CVCC words
- Changing CVC to CVCC: To use as an introduction to words containing adjacent consonants. It shows a CVC picture and word, and asks the children what needs to be added to match the CVCC picture. The CCVC words are: tent, bent, mend, hump, damp, dent, wind, bust, paint, think.
- Buried Treasure - CCVC words: 23 words; the children have to click on the bin or the treasure chest to sort them into words with or without meaning.
In the Box games: In each game, there is a choice of 3 pictures, and a word. The children have to select the picture that matches the word.
- CVCC In the box game using 1-7 letters: tent, hump, nest, sink, bust, hand, jump, damp, milk, gust.
- CVCC In the box game using Phase 3 graphemes : toast, beast, paint, shelf, punch, bench, chest, chimp
Matching words with pictures: In each game, there are 3 words to choose from to match the picture.
- Match words with pictures CVCC using 1-7 letters: tent, belt, hump, band, dent, lamp, wind, nest, sink, hunt, lift, lost, damp, camp, gift, pond, bank, bunk, hand, milk, golf, jump, tusk, melt, link.
- Match words with pictures CVCC using Phase 3 graphemes: champ, chest, tenth, theft, think, bench, punch, sixth, shift, shelf, thump, paint, roast, toast, beast, burnt.
- 60 Seconds Countdown: a 60 second timer to use in the game; counts down from 60 to 0.
- Changing CVC to CVCC
- Countdown - CVCC words - Separated into sets 1-7 letters, Phase 3 graphemes, and polysyllabic words to read with a countdown clock.
For software advice and support - please see FAQ link at the top of the page