Interactive whiteboard activities to practise sounding and blending of CCV and CCVC words. Games include Buried treasure, In the box, Countdown, and matching words with pictures.
- Changing CVC to CCVC: To use as an introduction to words containing adjacent consonants. It shows a CVC picture and word, and asks the children what needs to be added to match the CCVC picture. The CCVC words are: spot, scan, slip, stop, spin, speck, track, twin, glad, trip, clip, drip, clap, grip, gran.
- Buried Treasure - CCVC words: 23 words; the children have to click on the bin or the treasure chest to sort them into words with or without meaning.
In the Box games: In each game, there is a choice of 3 pictures and a word. The chidlren have to select the picture that matches the word.
- CCV and CCVC In the box game using 1-7 letters 1: stop, spot, frog, step, trip, grab, track, spin, flag.
- CCV and CCVC In the box game using 1-7 letters 2: glass, grass, swim, clap, speck, scan, plum.
- CCV and CCVC In the box game using 1-7 letters 3: black, block, gran, truck, class, clock, cliff, crack, dress.
- CCV and CCVC In the box game using 1-7 letters 4: drum, drip, flap, plug, slug, troll, prick, clip, slip.
- CCV and CCVC In the box game using Phase 3 graphemes 1: green, brown, spark, spoon, spear, swing, frown, star, brush,
- CCV and CCVC In the box game Phase 3 graphemes 2: train, trash, trail, crash, cream, creep, clown, float, tree.
Matching words with pictures: In each game, there are 3 words to choose from to match the picture.
- Match words with pictures CCVC using 1-7 letters: stop, spot, frog, step, plan, trip, grip, track, spin, flag, twin, sniff, plum, gran, swim, clap, drop, glass, grass.
- Match words with pictures CCVC using Phase 3 graphemes: green, steep, tree, spear, sleep, brown, smell, train, spoon, trash, sport, trail, cream, clown, star, creep, spark, bring, bleed, swing, float, brush, scoop, frown, crown, fresh.
- 60 Seconds Countdown: a 60 second timer to use in the game; counts down from 60 to 0.
- Changing CVC to CCVC
- Countdown - CCV and CCVC words - Separated into sets 1-7 letters, and Phase 3 graphemes, to read with a countdown clock.
For software advice and support - please see FAQ link at the top of the page